Enhance your wellbeing with a pregnancy massage
Pregnancy massage is a perfect way to reduce stress and promote general well-being during pregnancy. NurtureLife® Pregnancy Massage Practitioners are highly skilled therapists in pregnancy massage, guided by Catherine McInerney, Australia’s leading expert and educator in pregnancy massage, and founder of Pregnancy Massage Australia®. Assistance and education are also offered to partners so that they may provide positive support during labour.
What is NurtureLife®
NurtureLife® is a holistic perinatal massage therapy method developed by Pregnancy Massage Australia® that supports women who are nurturing new life. NurtureLife® was born from a desire to share our specialist knowledge and natural support techniques with women on their journey through pregnancy and beyond. Certified NurtureLife® practitioners deliver specialised massage treatment that focuses on nurturing both mother and baby. When looking for a pregnancy massage specialist look for a NurtureLife® practitioner and you will be in the best hands.
The NurtureLife® massage experience has a natural, comprehensive approach to perinatal care, offering a broad range of support with a unique focus on massage.
What are the benefits of NurtureLife®
Pregnancy is a constant state of change; a NurtureLife® pregnancy massage specialist offers wonderful support through the perinatal period. The body undergoes many changes and the discomforts of pregnancy can be relieved. At NurtureLife® we believe a well-supported mum will have a wonderful journey into motherhood. Regular NurtureLife® pregnancy massage helps to support the many changes occurring from week to week, allowing the body to adapt through the pregnancy. We focus on the mother baby connection creating a warm, safe, secure nurturing environment where mum can rest relax and recharge. The NurtureLife® experience assists in relieving many of the common causes of discomfort during pregnancy.
Some examples include:
- Insomnia is eased through improved sleep patterns
- A greater sense of relaxation helps to reduce stress and anxiety levels
- Specialised massage techniques are delivered for pain management, addressing groin pain referred from the uterus, lumbar, back, pelvic, hip pain, and rib pain common in the third trimester
- Shoulder and neck massage helps to relieve tension, and is also beneficial while in the breastfeeding position
- Hormonal headaches are reduced
- Oedema, swelling and discomfort in the legs and arms is eased, which reduces the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Leg cramps are minimised due to improved circulation
- Focus on mother baby connection
- Relaxation techniques
- Promotes a sense of relaxation
- Assists in maintaining muscular tone
- Gentle exercise including pelvic floor
NurtureLife® Services include:
- 75-minute consultation – 60 minutes massage (with a maximum 15-minute consultation).
- 90-minute consultation – 75 minutes massage (with a maximum 15-minute consultation).
- NurtureLife® Pregnancy Massage – 90 minutes labour preparation massage which is designed to aid relaxation and prepare the body for labour whether the mother is being induced, overdue or has a booked caesarian.
- NurtureLife® Postnatal Massage – 60-75 minutes treatment. We like to see the new babies with their mum. As the babies are sleeping, mum can have a nice, relaxing massage.
Hope to see you soon at Ryde Road Physiotherapy
Appointments: 02 98172 080
Practitioner NurtureLife® Pregnancy Massage Carola van der Kooij